Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Works Sept. - Oct. 2016

This is a pen drawing I did of my friend. In her sunglasses, it says "Am I Sexy Yet?" I was inspired by all of the pressure/expectations I feel there are on teenage girls to act sexy and receive male attention. Hoping to use this one in my concentration :)

This is a self-portrait that I did for fun using pen and gouache. The lemons in the background have straws in the them and all say "suck it." This piece was really inspired by my own feelings, and how relationships and emotions are constantly in flux. 

This is a gouache painting of my friend Jack as a jackrabbit. I wanted to play with  art and humor as well as surrealism, but also wanted to comment on that young people are often not taken seriously. This is partially due to our own immaturity, but also due to the low expectations adults have of us to begin with.

This is an oil painting 24x36. I really wanted to challenge myself with a larger scale and oil paint, as well as the subject matter of a landscape, which I don't paint very often. I'm pretty happy with the results, I'm hoping to go back in and add a few more leaves to seal up the gaps, and get a better photo for my portfolio. I think it will fit in really nicely with my breadth.

This is an a multimedia piece of my friend, Lily. The majority of it is acrylic paint, but there is some red glitter on her lips, and the rims of the glasses are little beads I sewed in. This was really fun to create and I definitely want to do more mixed media art in the future. I wanted to comment on all of the fun teenage life holds, and how festive and loving it can be. 

This is the cyanotype that kicked off the year. I colored in my friend,  Alana with colored pencil and markers.  This was a really fun piece, I wanted to go with an edgy, but also exciting feeling, and play with the complementary colors of the blue background and the orange/yellow skin. 

This is a pointillism ink drawing I created for my friend, Sam. I usually always draw people and wanted to try a different subject. I also tried to play with the body/patterns of the fish's scales along with the mountain scene in its body. It was really fun and I think it could be cool to do a couple of other animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment